Sunday, July 7, 2019

Waterloo-Pinckney Trail, Pinckney Recreation Area, Michigan

Date Distance Time Elevation Gain Average Moving Time Year to Date Miles
7/3/2019 3 miles 261.9

Map: https://www.michigantrailmaps.com/member-detail/pinckney-recreation-area/
Parking: Park office, $9 day parking fee for out of state visitors
Directions: 3 miles of the Waterloo Pinckney Trail


We were staying in Michigan and wanted to get in a quick hike in the morning. We stopped by this park to get our hike in. I can't say southern Michigan is an exciting place to hike. The hiking was easy with dirt trails - not many roots or rocks. The trail was overgrown, and I was being swarmed by bugs. I used coconut conditioner, and I think the bugs loved it. I ended up putting on a bug net so I wouldn't go insane! It was 92 degrees out and humid, which also didn't help with my enjoyment. But, we were happy just to get out and get some exercise.




Yes, I brought my JetBoil on a non-backpacking vacation. Making lunch while charging the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment