Sunday, April 14, 2024

Total Solar Eclipse, Nashville, IN

No hike today, because we didn't want to risk driving and getting stuck in traffic. We did go for a walk in the town in the morning. This is a tourist town, which was especially busy today due to out-of-town visitors for the total solar eclipse. This is very close to where I went to grad school, but I don't think I've visited this town before. I think when I went to grad school, I basically went between my duplex and the music school, rarely exploring away from that route, lol. 

We went back to our rental for the eclipse, and I have to say it was magical. The partial eclipse was interesting. But once the total eclipse was reached and we could take off our glasses - that was incredible. We are trying to ingrain the image in our memories.  We did see a solar prominence (it looked like an orange pixel), which we didn't realize what it was at the time. It did get dark and cold, and we could see stars. We still heard birds chirping (some people mentioned they observed that wildlife gets quiet). Krumm didn't notice, lol. He just wanted to play ball. We were so glad that the eclipse wasn't obscured by clouds!

Sketching in the morning




A store with Indonesian art that I would have loved to have gone in


There were several murals in town












Good skies for the eclipse - but oh so hard to get a photo




Trying for a photo with eclipse glasses in front of the phone camera lens



Starting to get darker

Who cares about the eclipse. Please kick the ball.

Total eclipse, glasses off. Phone still doesn't begin to capture what it looks like though.




It got dark and we could see stars in the sky.






No comments:

Post a Comment