Friday, September 16, 2022

Mariposa Grove, Yosemite - Part 2

More photos from Mariposa Grove, Yosemite, Day 1



Charred trees, looking down from Wawona Point



Burn area

Burn area



Piles of wood - I assume related to fire control





I would love to see the huge saw they must have used to cut this tree up


























More pink covered trees....








I noticed a mule deer and 2 fawns grazing near the cabin

My next house?

The ranger cabin helps show the scale of these trees

















I waited for a long time for this mule deer to move


Hmm....not too interested in moving

So eventually just continued down the trail, and it walked in front of me



After finishing my hike, I stopped here. It was pretty disappointing, as most of the buildings were closed (budget cuts). I did meet a horse carriage driver and stopped to talk to him for a while.

Covered bridge, in VT style






No comments:

Post a Comment