Sunday, August 7, 2016

Marshland Conservancy, Westchester County

Date Distance Time Elevation Gain Average Moving Time Year to Date Miles
7/2/2016 2.1 miles 162.6

Trail Map
Parking: 40.955971,-73.703262




Directions:
See Walkable Westchester book.

I'm still dealing with bursitis and tendonitis, so I haven't been hiking. Today I was allowed to do a 1-2 mile flat "nature walk." This park fits perfectly. Glen had never been to this park, so it was an especially good choice. Once when I was here I saw a huge herd of relatively tame deer and a flock of large turkeys. We weren't so lucky today - we saw 2 deer, but no turkeys. We did see plenty of birds and hundreds of fast moving crabs in the marsh. We took a long break at the waterfront and watched the boats go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment