| Date | Distance | Time | Elevation Gain | Average Moving Time | Year to Date Miles |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 8/18/2026 | 1.1 miles | 240.4 |
- McClain State Park. There is a park fee.
- Pick up map when paying the park fee.
Directions:
- Walk along the dog beach.
Since we weren't able to hike Mount Marquette yesterday, this morning we stopped there on our way out of Marquette. We had a car full of luggage, so I let Glen hike it while Krumm and I waited in the car. From there we drove to Houghton, Michigan. Houghton is a college town. We stopped to charge our car right outside a food coop. Yeah! How convenient. We picked up food for lunch. We dropped off our luggage at the hotel and then headed over to McClain State Park. This park has a dog friendly beach area. The waves were moderately rough, getting rougher near the point. Glen played fetch with him where the waves were calmer. Krumm has gotten so brave! The waves don't phase him, even when they go over his head at the shoreline. I searched for agates. I didn't find any (that I know of), but I did pick up a handful of cool looking rocks. Rock collecting on the shore is legal in most parts of the UP (not along the national lakeshore though).
| We saw a frog hopping into the surf, as well as this crawfish. Both were getting beaten up by the waves. |
No comments:
Post a Comment