Sunday, August 30, 2026

Hunter's Point Park, Copper Harbor, Michigan

Date Distance Time Elevation Gain Average Moving Time Year to Date Miles
8/21/2026 1.1 miles 2 hours 41 minutes 14' 1.3 mph 248.1

Parking: 
  • Hunter's Point Park large gravel parking lot 
Map:
  • Gai GPS app
Directions:
  • Take the boardwalk to just before the beach. Turn right and walk on either the north trail or the south trail to the end of the peninsula. Return the same way.
Our second short hike was a chance to get Krumm into the water again. This hike follows a narrow peninsula. I read online that rock collecting is not allowed here anymore, but I did encounter a man with a shovel, a rake, and a bucket, who was obviously rock collecting. Many others were too, without all the tools. Krumm and I walked to the end of the peninsula in the woods, and then on our way back, found a beach to sit at. The sun came out briefly, so I found a shady spot. I sketched, and Krumm stood in the water waiting for me to throw sticks. I didn't. The beach is very rocky, and I see two of his toes are getting irritated probably from rocky shores. This area is nice. There are enough beachy outcrops, that you can have space by yourself. I spent 3 hours here. The parking lot filled up by the time I left. It is a lovely spot to just hang out.






























No comments:

Post a Comment