Monday, October 14, 2019

Touch-Me-Not Trail, Catskills

Date Distance Time Elevation Gain Average Moving Time Year to Date Miles
9/21/2019 9.2 miles 5 hours 29 minutes 2,027' 1.7 mph 435.5

Map: NYNJTC Catskill Trails Map 144
Parking: Big Pond Road
Directions: West on red blazed Touch Me Not trail to intersection of Campground Trail. Return to parking area. East on red blazed Touch Me Not trail to Alder Creek Road.

The hike starts out at Big Pond. There are tent sites there, and a lot of people & dogs were hanging out around the pond. Once we started hiking, we had the trails to our selves. I'm doing some practicing of hiking with a heavier pack. So today I hiked with 18 lbs. I'm filling my pack with lots of water. I even carry the dog's water (normally Trek carries a liter). Today's hike is filling in a section between two trail segments we've done. The trail is very overgrown again.





No comments:

Post a Comment