Sunday, April 7, 2019

Turkey Mountain Loop

Date Distance Time Elevation Gain Average Moving Time Year to Date Miles
4/4/2019 2 miles 75.8

Map: Turkey Mountain Map
Parking: Parking lot off of Route 118
Directions: White trail to summit, and blue trail back down

Took Krummholz for a loop hike. Head halter on the way up, and off leash on the way down. We encountered 2 people on the way down. Today I tried putting him on leash and tugging with him while the first person passed. He did great until just when the person was passing us, and dropped his tug toy and tried to jump on the person. We were a little too close. The next person I saw - I recalled him to me and he was good. Except we were on a steep section of trail and it wasn't a good place to step out of the way and tug. So I just fed him treats. He was distracted by the other hiker and by the fact that Glen got way ahead of us during this. Other than that, his off leash hiking is doing well. He saw a couple of squirrels today - which he ran off the trail to investigate. I waited until he looked at me before recalling him. He came and I gave him a huge jackpot each time.



No comments:

Post a Comment